Welcome to EgoBoost by GroupRides Forum, a mini boot camp for timid riders.
By the end of this ride, it will feel like you've been working out in a gym for hours. This ride is specially designed for timid riders who want to excel, improve their skills, build confidence, and have fun doing it.
~ Expect something LIKE THIS link ;-)
Space is limited. RSVP quickly and get your spot. Rain will cancel ~
Who: Riders with 1+ years seat time and/or 6,000 miles riding experience.
Route: Challenging & technical, with bumps, tight switch-backs and diminishing radius. In other words, the good stuff :-)
Where: Starbucks - Safeway at 12960 Saratoga Sunnyvale Road, Saratoga, CA
Map Link = http://goo.gl/Gc4nir
Pace: Not fast. Not slow. Just Right.
Gear: Head to Toe.
Motorcycle: Yes, bring one with you.
Words of Wisdom:
- Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
- Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
- Ensure you and your motorcycle are in good working conditions.
- Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
- Ride staggered in straights. In twisties single file and 2-3 seconds apart.
- Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
- Leads will maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
- Do not make unsafe passes, or pass from the right.
- When we stop at gas stations, fill up. That may be the only gas stop of the ride.
- If you need to leave early, be sure to tell the lead and sweep. Be in the back of the group when leaving so no one follows.
- It's a good idea to have road side emergency and towing service membership (e.g., AAA). It pays off after one tow.
- Carry water and snacks.
- Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
- Please keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, we all have to go look for them: