Tony's Cruise: finishing the loop that Anthony didn't. All of his (and ours) favorite roads. It'll be a long day of riding, stretching from the Pacific Coast inland back-roads.
This ride is to remember Tony and to send healing vibes to Ed and Phil.
Rain will cancel - Not for newbies
• When: NEW DATE Saturday 5/23/15,
Arrive by 9:00 AM, KSU 9:30 AM
• Where: Meet at Starbucks, Strawberry Village
800 Redwood Hwy, Mill Valley, CA 94941 (415) 381-8308
(between In-N-Out Burger and Safeway. Park in the FRONT parking lot facing Hwy 101, NOT the back side of the shopping center. Fill up @ Strawberry Chevron)
* * Traffic Alert: Hwy 92/San Mateo Bridge Closed * *
• Pace: Not too slow. Not too fast. Just Right.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring one with you ;-)
• Route: ~ TBD . . . approx 200-250 (+/-) miles of the great technical roads North of GG Bridge. On the menu will be a nice blend of smooth & creamy surfaces with an abundance bumpy sections just for fun. Ride will end around 6:00 PM in North Bay. Lunch in 707 area code. There will be ample rest and gas stops and opportunities to leave the ride in case you need to get home early.
* * * due to road conditions near Berryessa route will be modified * * *
~|~ South Bay / Peninsula contingent can meet at Rest Stop on 280N North of Hwy 92 (right after Bunker Hill exit). KSU 8:00 AM. Map link = http://tinyurl.com/280RestStop
~|~ San Francisco contingent can meet us at corner of Lake St. and Funston (just East of 19th Ave). We'll make a quick stop there to pick up anyone waiting. Please be there by 8:25 AM and wait for us, ready to roll. Map Link = http://tinyurl.com/Lake-Funston
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ Lead maintains the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift or both), please let us know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
Bay Area Weather Outlook:
Support GroupRides !!