Spring Ride Manifesto: Carmel Valley Road, King City, Hwy 25
• When: Saturday 3/22/14, Arrive by 9:30 AM, KSU 10:00 AM
•Where: Suft City Coffee, 7990 Cabrillo Hwy 1, Moss Landing, CA
• Pace: Not too slow. Not too fast. Just right.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)
• Route: ~ 160 (+/-) miles of great roads of the South Bay, Monterey Peninsula and inland. We'll end the ride around 5 PM at Hollister Starbucks, and then break into groups and head home. Not for total newbies.
• Pre Rides to MeetUp Location:
(1) Meet Mehran at Starbucks, 14777 Los Gatos Boulevard just off Hwy 85, Los Gatos, CA 95032Meet at 7:25 AM, KSU 7:30 AM.
- or -
(2) Meet Mehran at the Summit Store, then we'll take Soquel San Jose to 1 South. Meet at 8:00 AM, KSU 8:05 AM.
(3) Marty will lead a brisk pace ride for very experience riders from Starbucks at 4848 San Felipe Rd, San Jose. Arrive 7:30 AM. KSU 7:45 AM. Map link = http://goo.gl/maps/zlvps Get your pre-ride gas here: http://goo.gl/maps/dZc1D Grady, Don't be late this time!
If others are closer to 101, etc, pick your pre ride spot and announce to others so we all know. * * When you get close to Moss Landing, top off your tanks **
LUNCH in KING CITY: We will use " Tacos La PotrancaDe Jalisco " at 201 Broadway as our base, but there are other restaurants nearby and across the street as well. Remember, after lunch don't take a nap or go shopping. Come back to the group so we can leave on time. KSU is 1 hour and 5 min from we arrive. We'll get gas after lunch.
On the menu: Carmel Valley, Jolon, King City (lunch stop), 25, etc.
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ I may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ I maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift or both), please let me know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
Bay Area Weather Outlook: