THE PLAYLIST .... pop roads that rock your socks off, also include some Country, R&B and Alternative backroads ;-)
• When: Sat 4/26/14, Arrive by 9:30 AM, KSU 10 AM
• Where: Starbucks at 127 San Martin Drive, Novato (arrive with full tank - there is no gas station there)
• Pace: Not too slow. Not too fast. Just right.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)
• Route: ~ 145 (+/-) miles of great North Bay back-roads. Lunch in Occidental. Ride will end around 4_ish back in San Rafael. Exact route TBD.
* * * RAIN CANCELS - Not for newbies * * *
Southbay / Peninsula contingent can meet me at Rest Stop on 280N North of Hwy 92 (right after Bunker Hill exit):
Time: Arrive 8:05 AM, KSU 8:10 AM
Map link = http://tinyurl.com/280RestStop
There are 3+ options, Union Hotel, Howards Station, El Marachi Cafe, there's also Barley and Hops across the street from them ..... all within few steps from one another. There is an outdoor table for those who bring their lunch. Split into groups and go have lunch (your choice). KSU promptly 1 Hr and 5 min from arrival.
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ I may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ I maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift or both), please let me know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
Bay Area Weather Outlook: