Overnighter to Ventura CA - Tepusquet Canyon - Gibraltar Road.
Depart: Saturday 12/5/15 Return: Sunday 12/6/15
<<.....Rain will cancel....>> - No rain in the forecast yet.
• The route is tight, technical and not for those less experienced, the pace will be moderately fast, but safe. Tepusquet Canyon is fast and technical, Gibraltar Road is steep, gritty and has no guard rails. ( This is for experienced riders only - An alternative to Gibraltar can be provided for those riders who dont want to participate on that section )
• When: Saturday 12/05/15, Arrive at 8:00 AM for coffee and gossip, KSU 8:30 AM. Return Sunday 12/06/15 late afternoon.
• Where: Scramblz Diner - 775 E Dunne Ave, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Day 1: https://goo.gl/maps/ikrqFJDxDnv Day 2: https://goo.gl/maps/y9qzHaETit62
• GPS Route Files:
Day 1 GPX File Day 1 Alternative ( No Gibraltar Road ) GPX File Day 2 GPX File
• Hotel: Best Western - 708 E Thompson Boulevard Ventura, California, 93001
( Note there are many other hotels nearby to select from, please make your choice if you prefer to stay elsewhere )
Note: Technical back-roads and some mountain passes, highways and byways. There will be narrow roads + bumps + tight switch-backs + diminishing radius, etc. ( This is for experienced riders only ).
On the menu: CA1, 166, Tepusquet, 154, 192, 33 and more :-).
Ride ends at Starbucks in Carmel By the Sea at about 5:00 PM on Sunday 12/06/15.
• Pace: On the faster side of medium.. Not too fast.. Just right.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring one with you ;-)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Words of Wisdom:
- Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK
- Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
- Ensure you and your motorcycle are in good working conditions.
- Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
- Ride staggered in straights. In twisties single file and 2-3 seconds apart.
- Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
- Leads will maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
- Do not make unsafe passes, or pass from the right.
- When we stop at gas stations, fill up. That may be the only gas stop of the ride.
- If you need to leave early, be sure to tell the lead and sweep. Be in the back of the group when leaving so no one follows.
- It's a good idea to have road side emergency and towing service membership (e.g., AAA). It pays off after one tow.
- Carry water and snacks.
- Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
- Please keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, we all have to go look for them: